Re: [GTh] Is the Thrill Gone?

  • David Arbuckle
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2008
      --- Jack, Mike and Andrew:

      I have been following this exchange concerning Elists and their
      supposed death with great interest.

      As Mike and Jack know I am not a scholar, but would like to weigh in
      on this. I wonder if there is a middle ground that would help bring
      back some of the interest for both scholars and novices like myself
      concerning elists.

      I know that Scholars have little patience with the likes of some
      of us who clutter the internet with pointless questions or religious
      dribble that amounts to nothing, but then many of us (novices) are
      exhausted with Scholarly dribble that may amount to something in the
      scholarly world, but is boring beyond imagination.

      If there was a way to combine elists with an educationl website,
      that had resources, and scheduled subjects of discussion or debate,
      it might make the Elist a bit more 'marketable' if you will. Maybe
      some days it is open to scholars only and maybe somedays it is open
      to novices with a scholar who helps keep it on track. ( granted this
      is a selfish endeavor as I am hoping that I can ultimately learn
      more)

      If I knew that on wednesdays, Jack was going to present a
      discussion concerning Jesus's family with the supportive data on the
      subject, and on Tuesdays Mike was going to discuss Coptic and how it
      relates to early Christianity, I would tune in with great
      anticipation.

      I think the Vehicle is out of date, It needs to be modernized with
      the audience in mind.

      My two cents,

      Regards,

      David Arbuckle