Re: [GTh] Possible Muslim related GoT Source Material

  • jmgcormier
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 22, 2008
      --- In gthomas@yahoogroups.com, "ariadne" <ariadne@...> wrote:

      > Aloha all,
      > The url you included in this post of the nytimes article does not
      seem to be correct. What discovery is it referring too?

      -------------------------------

      I am not sure why that URL (one from the New York Times) went awry in
      the post ... you should be able to get to the story, however, by
      simply using your search engine with the words "Tablet Messiah". The
      story appeared in early July in leading and international newspapers,
      and was discussed at a Jerusalem conference commemorating the
      anniversary of the Dead Sea Scrolls ...

      Maurice
    • Nully
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 22, 2008
        The link as it appeared was faulty. Here it is with a tiny:

        http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/06/world/middleeast/06stone.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=Tablet%20Messiah&st=cse&oref=slogin

        http://tinyurl.com/6p84uy

        You can hear (and see?) Knohl's presentation here:

        http://switch5.castup.net/frames/Imj/imj_20080706/Main.aspx

        http://tinyurl.com/656zof

        You have to use IE (at least my Firefox wouldn't work there)

        Knohl's presentation is near the end of the tape on the third day (July
        8). My setting was 1:05:00 or there abouts. Your mileage may vary.

        The recording of the third day of the conference is very very messed up,
        so you might not enjoy browsing LOL.

        Nully Smith

        jmgcormier wrote:
        > --- In gthomas@yahoogroups.com, "ariadne" <ariadne@...> wrote:
        >> Aloha all,
        >> The url you included in this post of the nytimes article does not
        > seem to be correct. What discovery is it referring too?
        >
        > -------------------------------
        >
        > I am not sure why that URL (one from the New York Times) went awry in
        > the post ... you should be able to get to the story, however, by
        > simply using your search engine with the words "Tablet Messiah". The
        > story appeared in early July in leading and international newspapers,
        > and was discussed at a Jerusalem conference commemorating the
        > anniversary of the Dead Sea Scrolls ...
        >
        > Maurice

      • Nully
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 22, 2008
          OOPS! After locating Knohl on the tape, I decided to play it, and
          discovered it was cut from the tape. All you get to see is his
          introduction. Sorry.

          Nully