Second 'Man' Found in TCG!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2008
      Browsing through the Westar Institute's online translation of
      Thomas from TCG, I happened to run across another amusing
      anomaly - there's a second 'man' in it! Saying 35 starts out
      "One can't enter a strong man's house ...". The word in question
      is 'xwwre', not 'rwme', and it's really an adjective. Literally, the
      phrase in question reads "the house of the strong", but the rest of
      saying talks about tying someone's hands, so 'man' certainly
      isn't out of order. It is strange, though, to find that word in a published
      translation attributed to Meyer and/or Patterson. A quick check of
      other Meyer and Patterson translations (including T5G) indicates that
      nowhere else is 'man' to be found in L35. So this joins L63.1 as
      anomalies within TCG, making it perhaps the "black sheep" of the
      "Manless Family" of Thomas translations? (:-)