RE: [GTh] Facsimiles Online!

    Message 1 of 42 , Apr 16, 2008
      Fair enough. I wasn't aware of the Metzer translation, which is mildly
      embarassing, given the area of my PhD. :-) Mind you, there is nothing about
      the title of the book or the publication details that would suggest that I
      might find an English translation of anything in it and I'm trying to avoid
      other people's English translations as much as possible until I've done my
      own, so I haven't gone looking.

      I would also respect Metzger's opinion, but it remains the opinion of one
      scholar (as does Turner's or Quispel's or anyone else's) and there are
      other, equally eminent scholars who disagree with him and have put their
      reasons in writing. I actually don't have a particularly firm position on
      this, but I would find it much more helpful to hear *why* particular
      scholars hold particular opinions - the name alone isn't convincing.

      Rev Judy Redman
      Uniting Church Chaplain
      University of New England
      Armidale 2351 Australia