Re: Two Thomases ?

  • ariadneg33
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 13, 2008
      Hi Maurice,
      I agree that the one who is praised is not the author of the Gospel
      and that a great deal of mystery lies within tri-fold name that could be viewed as a secret
      code in three different languages, all languages spoken in Jesus' community. There
      appears to be a motive of expressing inclusiveness in that.

      Regarding the mystery of the bridal chamber. I suggest
      familiarizing yourself with the Gospel of Philip 84:23-85:20 and 53:10-25 which describes
      the anointing in the Bridal Chamber, the Holy of Holies and with my book, Divine
      Complement which was published in 2006. You can access the entire book, on Google
      books and chapters 2 and 3 are the relevant chapter in understanding Thomas as well as
      Philip.

      Thomas saying 22 on "making the two one" expresses a
      complete metamorphosis of the individual beyond a mere enlightened awakening,
      one of unification of the divine aspects of the soul and one resulting in the rebirth
      into one's masculine and feminine (god/goddess) nature so that the hand becomes the
      instrument of God and one's image moves from human to the divine form.

      According to the Gospel of Philip Jesus had accomplished the resurrection through the
      living body not through death and had become Son of the Bridal Chamber through an
      anointing described as with a fire of white light. The path of unification described in
      Saying 22 is one that embraces the inner, the outer, the masculine, the feminine and one's
      own power to perform the miracles of the hand. The Gospel of Philip tells us this
      unification takes place in the Bridal Chamber. In my book, I define and describe the
      initiation in the Bridal Chamber.

      There are three in the equation, Didymus Judas Thomas, Twin-Praise God –Twin. It seems
      to be an equation of masculine and feminine unity or as I define it in my book "tri-unity"
      with God. Therefore the one being praised in my mind would most naturally have been
      Mary.
      Ariadne