Re: [GTh] Saying 12

  • Ron McCann
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 16, 2007
      Thank you Frank,

      And yes, indeed I have enjoyed the "fencing".
      We can agree to disagree as you say.
      Actually, in this exercise I was just keen on seeing what sort or evidence and argument your could muster, amass and align that could potentially "take down" those First Century authorities that SEEM to support the premise that James was a Torah-Observant Jew.
      I had not actually intended to cross swords with you on the issue itself, but found myself compelled to respond to what I perceived to be some obvious holes in your argument, which, in turn, you've given good answer to, in terms of reply/rebuttal. Every time I was about to shout "Touché", you parried the thrust quite effectively.

      All in all, a very creditable effort - if I can say that without sounding patronizing. Some, surely, will find your arguments compelling. I still have my doubts.

      I too am feeling somewhat weary, and think that we have pretty much exhausted the matter.

      In closing, let me just say that if I looked up across the aisle in a courtroom, and saw you appearing as opposing counsel for the other side, I'd certainly know, given your skill at argument, I had no cake-walk ahead of me.
      As the French say:- "Formidable!".

      My Thanks,

      Ron McCann
      Saskatoon, Canada