Re: [GTh] Hellenist Material in Thomas

  • BitsyCat1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 26 11:52 PM
      In a message dated 7/27/07 12:28:36 AM, ossobuccoman@... writes:

      > Frank,
      >
      > I am not a scholar, but how could James be a
      > Hellenist ? wouldn't that also make Jesus a Hellenist?
      >
      > It seems it would be an easier task to make Paul or
      > the author of John a Hellenist.
      >
      > Regards,

      Nazareth was near sepphoris, The Greek showcase city of Herod
      It was heavily Hellenistic influenced.
      Nazareth is less than 2 miles a way..
      Regards,
      johnmoon3717@...

    • Ron McCann
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 9, 2007
        Thanks, Frank.

        Clearly, I totally misunderstood you and the point you were making in your post, and further confused the references to James the son of Alphaeus and James the son of Zebedee. Can't keep track of so many durned Jameses! Creeping Alzheimers, no doubt.. (grin). My apologies.

        Ron