Searching the gthomas archives with Google!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2007
      Yahoo's so-called search feature is sometimes frustrating to use when trying
      to track things down in the archives. I recently got a tip from someone on
      another forum about using Google to search the archives. I've tried it and
      it works GREAT. Here is the protocol:

      Open Google's advanced page:

      The first section of this page is shaded blue, and contains the following
      items:

      with all of the words
      with the exact phrase
      with at least one of the words
      without the words

      You can add words to varying degrees of sophistication for your search.

      This is the important bit!
      Just below this blue shaded area there is another section, go to the fifth
      item down in this section which is:"Domain" also make sure "Only" is
      selected. In the next text box (to the right of Only) place the domain you
      want to search in, this case you want to search the gthomas archives so
      place in this box the following:

      I've found that this protocol can yield some VERY finely honed results. Feel
      free to pass this on to others.

      Happy Searching!

      Rick Hubbard
      Humble Maine Woodsman