somewhat off-topic Coptic question

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 2006
      This is for who have a reasonable facility in Coptic (or a key to the
      exercises in Lambdin):

      I have been doing some revision in Lambdin and came across a sentence that I
      am having real difficulty with. My supervisor/advisor is out of town for
      three weeks so I am wondering if someone will kindly tell me what to do with
      B18 in the exercises for chapter 20. I can think of several ways of having
      a Coptic word with three alphas in a row but I can't at the moment conceive
      of any way of dividing PETOUNAAAF that makes sense in the sentence. Maybe
      I'm just tired. :-) Or maybe it's a typo???

      "One can easily understand a child who is afraid of the dark. The real
      tragedy of life is when grown men and women are afraid of the light." -
      Plato

      Rev Judy Redman
      Uniting Church Chaplain
      University of New England