Re: [GTh] Book has major typo

    Message 1 of 7 , May 23, 2006
      [Andrew Smith]:
      > I haven't seen the book, but it's a legitimate edition. Skylight Paths
      > are my publishers too. They licensed the hardcover rights to
      > Shambhala, who are an American publisher. Steve Davies approved it,
      > but he wasn't very excited by the new edition.

      Thanks for clearing that up, Andrew. What threw me off was that the title
      page (as shown on Amazon) says "Printed in Singapore". I wasn't aware that
      some American publications might be printed overseas - or that hardcover
      rights might be licensed to another publisher with the paperback already in
      print. BTW, re your remark that Skylight Paths is your publisher as well,
      what about your own Bardic Press? Is it still in operation, and if so, how
      are sales of Davies' GTCW?

      Mike
    • Darrell Grizzle
      Message 2 of 7 , May 25, 2006
        I own both editions of Stevan Davies' translation, and there is NO typo
        in the Shambhala Library edition -- just bad formatting. Verses 73,
        74, and 75 are presented as one paragraph rather than three different
        verses, just as they are in the SkyLight edition. But the verse
        markers for 74 and 75 are embedded in the paragraph rather than off to
        the side, as every other verse is marked.

        I much prefer the SkyLight edition, with its facing-page commentary.

        Darrell

        The Lost Gospels of Judas and Thomas:
        A Tale of Two Gnostics
        http://www.whosoever.org/v10i6/judas.shtml
      • smithandp
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 15, 2006
          --- In gthomas@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Grondin" <mwgrondin@...> wrote:
          BTW, re your remark that Skylight Paths is your publisher as well,
          > what about your own Bardic Press? Is it still in operation, and if
          so, how
          > are sales of Davies' GTCW?
          >
          > Mike

          Hello Mike,

          Yes, Bardic Press is still going, and Steve's book has done fairly
          well. With the exception of a couple of pet projects, I try to write
          for other publishers, rather than using Bardic Press, which would be
          self-publishing for me.

          Best Wishes

          Andrew