Re: [GTh] Book has major typo

  • smithandp
    Message 1 of 7 , May 23, 2006
      I haven't seen the book, but it's a legitimate edition. Skylight Paths
      are my publishers too. They licensed the hardcover rights to
      Shambhala, who are an American publisher. Steve Davies approved it,
      but he wasn't very excited by the new edition.

      Andrew

      Message 2 of 7 , May 23, 2006
        [Andrew Smith]:
        > I haven't seen the book, but it's a legitimate edition. Skylight Paths
        > are my publishers too. They licensed the hardcover rights to
        > Shambhala, who are an American publisher. Steve Davies approved it,
        > but he wasn't very excited by the new edition.

        Thanks for clearing that up, Andrew. What threw me off was that the title
        page (as shown on Amazon) says "Printed in Singapore". I wasn't aware that
        some American publications might be printed overseas - or that hardcover
        rights might be licensed to another publisher with the paperback already in
        print. BTW, re your remark that Skylight Paths is your publisher as well,
        what about your own Bardic Press? Is it still in operation, and if so, how
        are sales of Davies' GTCW?

        Mike
      • Darrell Grizzle
        Message 3 of 7 , May 25, 2006
          I own both editions of Stevan Davies' translation, and there is NO typo
          in the Shambhala Library edition -- just bad formatting. Verses 73,
          74, and 75 are presented as one paragraph rather than three different
          verses, just as they are in the SkyLight edition. But the verse
          markers for 74 and 75 are embedded in the paragraph rather than off to
          the side, as every other verse is marked.

          I much prefer the SkyLight edition, with its facing-page commentary.

          Darrell

          The Lost Gospels of Judas and Thomas:
          A Tale of Two Gnostics
          http://www.whosoever.org/v10i6/judas.shtml
        • smithandp
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 15, 2006
            --- In gthomas@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Grondin" <mwgrondin@...> wrote:
            BTW, re your remark that Skylight Paths is your publisher as well,
            > what about your own Bardic Press? Is it still in operation, and if
            so, how
            > are sales of Davies' GTCW?
            >
            > Mike

            Hello Mike,

            Yes, Bardic Press is still going, and Steve's book has done fairly
            well. With the exception of a couple of pet projects, I try to write
            for other publishers, rather than using Bardic Press, which would be
            self-publishing for me.

            Best Wishes

            Andrew