Design Theory

  • Andrew Bernhard
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2006
      Mike,

      I have seen you post quite a few emails over the years about your design theory of the Gospel of Thomas. And with all due respect, I have to say that your theory sounds beyond crazy to me. It sounds absolutely bonkers.

      I regard it as most improbable that anyone would have gone to the enormous trouble of transforming a text from a foreign language into a gigantic and (apparently) indecipherable puzzle, even if they could have, which I seriously doubt.

      So, in the spirit of friendship, I must ask one simple question: How could someone demonstrate that your theory is false?

      If you have an answer, then I guess you may wish to continue your extraordinarily detailed examination of the Coptic Gospel of Thomas. If you don't have an answer, perhaps you might want to ponder whether your energies could be more productively spent.

      My two cents worth.

      Best,
      Andrew