Re: [GTh] Is Thomas Christian?

  • David Renfro
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 21, 2006
      Mike writes:
      Is there any term that we could use so as to avoid lengthy
      circumlocutions? 'Yeshuine', perhaps? Or is this a problem for
      which there is no good solution?

      Mike,
      As you know, I've been using the term "Yeshuaism" for a while now.
      Before we can define what "Yeshuaism" is, we must decide what the
      parameters of Christianity are. And if there is merit in coining a new
      word that makes that distinction.
      Christianity, as a term, has become a broad brush with which all
      "Jesus Worship" is painted. This taints any "Thomasine Jesus Worship":
      with a "Hellenized" prejudice.
      I've been avoiding using "Yeshuaism" "Yeshuine" "Yeshuite" on this
      forum until the soft edges of "Christianity" could be defined. As this
      topic is under debate, I hope I'm not premature in suggesting,
      Yeshuaism: Non-Christian worship of Yeshua Ben Yosef.
      Dave R.
      Sanford Fl.