Re: A preliminarily work in GHoly12 associated with GThomas (parallels?)

  • benedictlo1
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2006
      > Benedict,
      >
      > The simple answer is that Ousley used the Oxyrhynchus Greek fragments
      > of Thomas published by Grenfell and Hunt in 1898 and 1904. The sayings
      > below that aren't in the Greek Thomas fragments have synoptic
      > parallels which would have been Ouseley's source.
      >
      > Best Wishes
      >
      > Andrew

      Andrew:

      I believe others investigators including myself would have a similar
      answer. To be fair, we need to find the earliest version of GH12
      (1892-189?), to prove that these were not in there and junk it.

      However, personally I like several chapters made up or collected from
      somewhere in GH12. In terms of quality, some of these are much better
      than those collected in old old days by some unknown persons. But many
      missionaries from the West come, proclaim that the collection is
      nothing but the TRUTH, and push everybody to worship it.

      One major reason that I brought GThomas to Chinese people's attention
      is because its unequaled quality. In addition, its spiritual approch
      in some way is very similar to the Zen but 500 years earlier.

      Benedict