Re: [GTh] A preliminarily work on a few passages in GHoly12 associated with GThomas

  • sarban
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2006
      From: "benedictlo1" <benedictlo1@...>
      To: <gthomas@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 10:14 PM
      Subject: [GTh] A preliminarily work on a few passages in GHoly12 associated
      with GThomas

      > A few years ago, my friend introduced me about the Gospel of Holy 12
      > (GoH12), I quickly scanned it and found that it is a book compiled
      > canonical gospels and other things with vegetarian episodes. It made
      > me immediately think "the current form of Genesis". I then checked
      > the web and found that several places post the entire book in their
      > websites. With further checking, I also learned that most scholars
      > think that this book is a fake one. Before I gave up, I went back to
      > read a little bit more. I was shocked that there are quite a few
      > passages that I thought unique in the GoTh but shown in the GoH12.

      Some of the parallels listed on websites between GHoly12 and
      the Gospel of Thomas are also found in other non-canonical
      sources

      For example from GHoly12

      As it is above, so it is below. As it is within, so it is without. As on the
      right hand, so on the left. As it is before, so it is behind. As with the
      great so with the small. As with the male, so with the female. When these
      things shall be seen, then ye shall see the kingdom of God

      And one said unto him, Master, when shall the kingdom come? And he answered
      and said, When that which is without shall be as that which is within, and
      that which is within shall be as that which is without, and, the male with
      the female, neither male nor female, but the two in One. They who have ears
      to hear, let them hear.

      These passages have numerous parallels outside of the
      Gospel of Thomas including 2 Clement, the Gospel of the
      Egyptians according to Clement of Alexandria, and various
      Apocryphal Acts..

      Andrew Criddle