RE: [GTh] Coptic keyboard layout

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 11, 2005
      Andrew,

      I am aware of the Logos keyboard, but there are things about it that I don't
      like. The most problematic from my perspective is that there are letters of
      the alphabet that can only be typed by holding down the right Alt key or
      doing a Ctrl+Alt. These keys are tee, fai, horee, cheema and (less
      importantly for me because it only seems to appear in Bohairic) khai. For
      some odd reason, it also has shai, tee and cheema mapped to different keys
      in different states. Given how often fai and horee in particular are used
      in Coptic, not being able to type them with a single keystroke is a right
      pain in the neck.

      It would be nice if we could actually negotiate a standard and stick with
      it. :-)

      " Let us forever remember that the sense for the sacred is as vital to us as
      the light of the sun." - Abraham Joshua Heschel, 1944

      Rev Judy Redman
      Uniting Church Chaplain
      University of New England
      Armidale 2351