Re: [GTh] Lambdin text

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2005
      > A quick question about the Lambdin text -- I've noted here and there a few
      > typos in the exercises, and am wondering about one in particular, i.e.,
      > whether it's a typo, or a form I'm not familiar with. The offending party
      > is
      > the second verb in exercise B.7 of lesson 29: tetnetaau. The grammar of
      > the
      > sentence suggests this should be a third future, and the form is right for
      > this, except for the absence of an initial "e". My question: is this: 1) a
      > typo?; 2) a reduced but correct form of the 3rd future?; or 3) some other
      > form altogether?

      Hi Bill-

      Sorry for the delay in responding, but I wanted to check the notes I had
      made while I was working my way through these exercises many years ago. Took
      me awhile to find, but happily I have a note indicating that I took it to be
      a typo, and that I believed it should be 'etetne-'.

      Mike
    • William Arnal
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 20, 2005
        Hey Mike:

        >Sorry for the delay in responding, but I wanted to check the notes I had
        >made while I was working my way through these exercises many years ago.
        >Took
        >me awhile to find, but happily I have a note indicating that I took it to
        >be
        >a typo, and that I believed it should be 'etetne-'.

        Thanks a million. That's what I figured, but I wondered if I was missing
        something. Anyone else out there care to differ?

        cheers,
        Bill
        William Arnal
        University of Regina