RE: [GTh] Commentaries

    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 5 3:56 PM
      Jacob wrote:

      "Richard Valantasis, 'The Gospel of Thomas' (Routledge) was very favourably
      reviewed (by Steve Davies among others) when it was published. It describes
      itself as a commentary."

      With all respect due to Richard, to Routledge, and to the reviewers,
      Valantasis' work comes up short for commendation. IMHO, it is a logia by
      logia exposition. It almost altogether lacks suitable
      historical/grammatical/secondary literature reviews.

      Rick Hubbard
      Humble Maine Woodsman

      Best wishes,
      Jacob Knee
      (Cam, Glos.)

      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 11 2:32 PM
        Andrew Wrote:] (about Crum's Coptic Dictionary)

        I might be interested in reprinting it if it's in the public domain,
        though a book of 950 pages or so is difficult to produce.

        This would be an admirable undertaking, especially if you could create it in
        PDF format. The online version is immensely helpful, but navigating in it
        from page to page is a certified pain in the butt. Also, have you noticed
        that the bottom of some pages has been chopped off?

        Rick Hubbard
        Humble Maine Woodsman