RE: [GTh] RE: A question

    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 30, 2005
      Andrew,

      The material on the website doesn't say. It will be the editions in common
      use in the Coptic Orthodox Church and taught by their seminary, because the
      CD also contains an introductory course in Bhairic Coptic which is
      equivalent to the first year of Coptic at the Coptic Theological Seminary.
      The other things on the CD are a searchable Bohairic-English Dictionary and
      the Coptic Orthodox lectionary for weekdays. The person who maintains the
      website is Hany Takla <HTakla@...> You could email him and ask.
      Or one of the people who has a copy of the CD might be able to tell you.

      " Let us forever remember that the sense for the sacred is as vital to us as
      the light of the sun." - Abraham Joshua Heschel, 1944

      Rev Judy Redman
      Uniting Church Chaplain
      University of New England
      Armidale 2351
      ph: +61 2 6773 3739
      fax: +61 2 6773 3749
      email: jredman@...

      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 11, 2005
        Andrew Wrote:] (about Crum's Coptic Dictionary)

        I might be interested in reprinting it if it's in the public domain,
        though a book of 950 pages or so is difficult to produce.

        This would be an admirable undertaking, especially if you could create it in
        PDF format. The online version is immensely helpful, but navigating in it
        from page to page is a certified pain in the butt. Also, have you noticed
        that the bottom of some pages has been chopped off?

        Rick Hubbard
        Humble Maine Woodsman