RE: [GTh] A question

    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 30, 2005

      The internet was acting strangely yesterday. I posted my question and it
      didn't appear for hours (I nearly resent it, thinking maybe I'd sent from an
      address I wasn't subscribed at), then Bill's answer came back almost
      immediately, then Mike's several hours later.

      However, not much more than a decade ago, we wouldn't have been having this
      conversation at all. Computers and the internet have made a *huge*
      difference to how the worldwide scholarly community relate to one another
      and how quickly and thoroughly we can access information from all around the
      world.

      " Let us forever remember that the sense for the sacred is as vital to us as
      the light of the sun." - Abraham Joshua Heschel, 1944

      Rev Judy Redman
      Uniting Church Chaplain
      University of New England
      Armidale 2351
      ph: +61 2 6773 3739
      fax: +61 2 6773 3749
      email: jredman@...
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 11, 2005
        Andrew Wrote:] (about Crum's Coptic Dictionary)

        I might be interested in reprinting it if it's in the public domain,
        though a book of 950 pages or so is difficult to produce.

        This would be an admirable undertaking, especially if you could create it in
        PDF format. The online version is immensely helpful, but navigating in it
        from page to page is a certified pain in the butt. Also, have you noticed
        that the bottom of some pages has been chopped off?

        Rick Hubbard
        Humble Maine Woodsman