A question

    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 29, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      I am new to this list and hoping that this question which isn't exactly
      about GThomas is OK to ask in this forum. Apart from being a chaplain
      (campus minister) at the University of New England in Armidale, NSW,
      Australia, I am also at the beginning of writing a masters
      thesis/dissertation on the Gospel of Thomas. I am looking at parables that
      occur both in GThomas and one or more of the Synoptics (not sure yet which
      of these I am going to focus on because all of them will be too much for a
      masters degree).

      At this stage, part of the investigation is looking at the synoptic versions
      of the selected parables both in Greek and Coptic. In order to save myself
      some typing, I am wondering if anyone knows of the existence of an
      electronic copy of a Coptic translation of any or all of the Synoptics, or
      can suggest any possible avenues of exploration for this?

      Regards

      " Let us forever remember that the sense for the sacred is as vital to us as
      the light of the sun." - Abraham Joshua Heschel, 1944

      Rev Judy Redman
      Uniting Church Chaplain
      University of New England
      Armidale 2351
      ph: +61 2 6773 3739
      fax: +61 2 6773 3749
      email: jredman@...
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 11, 2005
        Andrew Wrote:] (about Crum's Coptic Dictionary)

        I might be interested in reprinting it if it's in the public domain,
        though a book of 950 pages or so is difficult to produce.

        This would be an admirable undertaking, especially if you could create it in
        PDF format. The online version is immensely helpful, but navigating in it
        from page to page is a certified pain in the butt. Also, have you noticed
        that the bottom of some pages has been chopped off?

        Rick Hubbard
        Humble Maine Woodsman