[gthomas] Re: Book Recommendation?

  • S. Patterson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3 8:08 AM
      Re: Schaberg's book:
      Thesis: Jesus was the illigitimate child of a Roman soldier. Sounds wild,
      but surprisingly well argued based on the texts and social history.
      Especially good on the social history of illegitimacy in the ancient
      world. In the end, I wasn't convinced, but impressed. Also: her car was
      bombed after it was published. Can't say that of many books.
      Steve Patterson

      On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Tord Svenson wrote:

      > Is anyone familiar with Jane Schaberg's book -- The Illegitimacy of Jesus
      > -- ? Any opinions ?

      > @Backup- Automatic, Safe, Reliable online backups
      > and restores. Free for 30 days.
      > Download Now. http://offers.egroups.com/click/215/0
      >
      > eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/gthomas

    • Tord Svenson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3 9:52 AM

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3 4:09 PM
          Thanks Steve! Perhaps the car bomb is the reason why there is so little
          about Schaberg on the web. How do scholars involved with research into
          religious figures feel about that aspect of our present day culture? Seems
          a bit like "Satanic Verses" doesn't it? Perhaps there will be a future
          web-site with a hit-list of GTh scholars :-)
          Tord