A book recommendation

  • Wade and April
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2005
      I don't remember seeing this book mentioned here before but the book "The
      Language of the Kingdon and Jesus: Parable, Aphorism, and Metaphor in the
      Sayings Material Commone tot he Synoptic Tradition and the Gospel of Thomas"
      by Jacobus Liebenburg was brought to my attention recently and it looks very
      interesting. It is a rather large volume and discusses the parables in
      Thomas in great detail. I haven't read it all but the sections I have
      skimmed seem interesting. He argues, for instance, that the parable of the
      weeds should be read as apocalyptic based on the form of the parable and the
      underlying metaphor assumed in the text.

      Wade