Response to Jack

  • Tom Saunders
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2005
      Hi Jack,

      You may have an indirect relation to splitting wood, and fragrance of Jesus ideas. I think the reference to splitting wood, and lifting stones is a reference to 'kingdom' or 'storehouse' building.

      Th-77. Jesus said, "I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained. Split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there." (Meyer/Patterson)

      The "meat and potatoes' of the Thomas message is to attain the kingdom now. This would imply building your psyche, kosmos, and Pleromic, 'kingdom.' After all, if you do not have 'him' as the light over all things, he cannot be present in the wood or under the stones.

      The harmony of becoming one with the 'monad' Jesus is apparent, and the harmony with using wood and stone to build one's kingdom is also 'harmonic' in the Thomasine schema of change, or transition. If you negate either of these elements or harmonies, there is 'agnoia' and one suffers the darkness and ignorance, which the Thomasine effectively avoids.

      Tom Saunders

      Platter, OK