Re: [GTh] Lunar Cycles and Lines in the GThomas Text

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2005
      Frank McCoy writes:
      > ... the basic premise that, in the GThomas text, 1 line is male and 2
      > lines
      > are female appears to be inconsistent with the evidence of both the
      > Clementine Homilies and Philonic thought. Should it not, then, be
      > rejected
      > as invalid?

      OK, no problem. I appreciate your going to the trouble to delve into this
      subject, and I apologize to the list for erroneously stating that the Jewish
      lunar calendar had 28 days per month (it has six 29-day months and six
      30-day months - a total of 354 days to which is added an extra month seven
      of each 19 years to keep it consistent with the solar calendar). In any
      case, I'm happy to regard the Monad (i.e., the number 1) as a kind of
      hermaphroditic "Father", rather than as a properly male one. This has to be,
      since the Monad was regarded as progenitor of all the numbers, both male and
      female. So what have we got in the combination of line 280 with lines 69-70?
      Apparently, a doubly-perfect Monad (because of its line number 280 and its
      block number 6) joining with a "female" (2 lines containing the imperfection
      of that extra 10-letter word 'until it lights up'), to produce a "heavenly"
      male child of three lines containing 70 letters. Would you agree with that?