Re: [GTh] The Alpha-Omega Principle

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2005
      Frank-

      As I see it, you raise three major issues in this note:

      1. The folks who put the trilogy together couldn't have been Barbeloites,
      because there's no evidence of Barbeloite thinking in GTh and GPh.

      2. The reference to "cities [being] made beautiful" in GPh is about souls,
      not about the creation of "beautiful" TEXTUAL structures.

      3. The 1101st line of AJ throws off the nice, neat count of 3000 lines,
      hence, among other things:

      > IMO, it would make the whole theory more credible if it could be
      > demonstrated that this line not only ought to be moved, but that it ought
      > be moved out of this part of Codex II altogether, thereby enabling it to
      > have exactly 3,000 lines.

      I'll address this last first. You reckon without the fact that line 668 of
      GTh has plenty of space on it for the antiphon of AJ to be moved down there.
      (It currently has 6 letters, the antiphon is 12, and 18 letters would easily
      fit on that line.)

      The other two issues aren't of such great importance to me that I would want
      to spend time arguing about them. Perhaps you can tell me what you think
      "Barbeloite thinking" might have been? To me, they were Johannine
      Jewish-Christians with a background in Jewish mysticism. The name 'Barbelo'
      (BARBHLW) was derived, I think, from the component parts of the word
      IS-RA-HL, with 'IS' representing Jesus, and 'RA' and 'HL' representing the
      gods of the Egyptians and Jews, respectively. You might want to work around
      with that a little bit (think of the letter B as representing the number 2,
      and thus "selecting" whatever two letters follow it. The omega may represent
      Jesus.)