Re: 112 in Thomas

  • Andrew Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2005
      --- In gthomas@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Saunders" <tom@c...> wrote:

      > That being said, there is very little stock in the number of sayings
      and how the total would stack up mathematically for a correlation to
      the geometric schema of the I-Ching. We do see some similarity in
      possible 'stacking' of the sayings, (doublets) which is like the
      stacking of I-Ching elements, which are called trigrams.

      In the essay, Steve speculates that the Gospel of Thomas might be
      divided up into 108 sayings which could be randomised by three throws
      of a six-sided die.

      Best Wishes

      Andrew Smith