Re: [GTh] The gospel of Thomas and Christian Wisdom

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2005
      I'd like to add my recommendation to that of Andrew Smith, who doubles as
      "booklister" on Amazon and has compiled as fine a list of Thomas books as I
      can imagine (http://tinyurl.com/6yjsr). In his capacity as publisher (Bardic
      Press), he's performed an invaluable service in bringing Steve's
      still-relevant 1983 book back into print, with a generous helping of current
      reflections. Even though I have the original, I'll be buying the 2nd edition
      for sure! It was an inspiration to me when I first read it, and it remains
      so today.

      Mike Grondin
      p.s.: Steve isn't the list-owner. That would be me.
    • et
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2005
        I've really enjoyed reading your discussions on this topic.

        I would suggest that LOVE and UNITY and the INDWELLING of the presense of
        God make up the harmony, that is played in the key of forgiveness in
        virtually all the stories related to the historical Jesus. This is
        certainly true of biblical accounts, and well as the Gospel of Thomas IMO.
        Over the years I've come to believe that the Gospel of Thomas wasn't really
        put into any particular order. It does indeed have all the earmarkings of a
        list that was penned "on the road" with a man named Jesus. I think the
        harmony or order of that song was played out in real life between teacher
        and student while on the road. That's my opinion anyway. :)

        Michael Mozina
        Mt. Shasta, CA.