Re: [GTh] Re: A core Thomas set

  • sarban
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2004
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Karl" <pmcvflag@...>
      To: <gthomas@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 6:27 PM
      Subject: [GTh] Re: A core Thomas set

      ><SNIP>
      >
      > This is true, but it also makes clear one of the criticism a
      > previously had for Williams' construction of his category (and let
      > me point out that I was not particularly talking about Williams'
      > model when I said "demiurgic speculation" anyway). If we look at a
      > work like the Tripartite Tractate we also don't see a Demiurge
      > working seperate and of it's own volition.

      The Logos in the Tripartite Tractate is to some extent separated
      from the Father '76-77 'The Father and the Totalities drew away
      from him so that the limit which the Father had set might be
      established' and 'The Logos himself caused it to happen .... but
      those whom he wished to take hold of firmly he begot in shadows
      and copies and likenesses For he was not able to bear the sight of
      the light but he looked into the depth and he doubted'.

      I agree that the Tripartite Tractate emphasises both that this
      separation was planned by the Father and that the Logos
      desires to please the Father. However some sort of separation
      is still there.

      Andrew Criddle