"Gnostic" lexicon

  • Karl
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2004
      Hey all, I am new here.

      This is maybe not the best first post, but I did want to bring
      something up that is a bit off topic here.

      Some time ago there was a "Gnostic" lexicon posted in this Yahoo
      Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gthomas/message/6023 . I wanted
      to state, for the record, that roughly half of this list of terms is
      directly from my own list
      http://www.geocities.com/pmcvflag/lexicon.html .

      I do wish to point out that this lexicon was created for a dual
      purpose, and deals not only with "Gnostic" terms, but also terms used
      in other Platonist (Neoplatonist) movements. The reason for this dual
      source list is that I ran separate Groups dealing both with
      Gnosticism, and with "Ovidian Love" (here is an example of what I
      mean http://www.geocities.com/pmcvflag/ ) and later Platonic
      academies.

      The poster of this revised lexicon, Tom, is welcome to continue using
      the portions from my own lexicon if he will only post credit for my
      portion and a link to my page. Anyone else who wishes to use this,
      please ask first.

      Karl Nygren (aka PMCV)