Re: [GTh] Pauline Thought

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2004
      Tom writes:
      > I have been using 'Apokatastasis' in reference to how I think Heracleon
      > meant the term, and it would be similar to 'anastasis.'

      What source are you using that tells you where Heracleon used
      'apokatastasis'? I would like to be able to consult that source, and other
      members may be interested as well.

      > Both Gnostics and Orthodox could go through the same ceremonies and have
      > it mean something quite different.

      Sure.

      > The Gnostics would know this the Orthodox stay in the realm of darkness,
      > desire, and ignorance.

      Can you clean up the grammar of this sentence so I can understand what
      you're saying here?

      > My stance is that Gnosticism is paralleled to the process of gnosis and
      > should be understood and interpreted that way in the Gnostic Gospels.
      > A parallel to scripture to be Gnostic needs to be parallel to this model.
      > I am not sure that Paul got it.

      I don't get it either. What do you mean when you say "Gnosticism is
      paralleled to the process of gnosis"?

      Mike Grondin
      Mt. Clemens, MI