Re: [GTh] The "one' principle....

  • sarban
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2004
      From: "Tom Saunders" <tom@...>
      To: <gthomas@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2004 8:52 PM
      Subject: [GTh] The "one' principle....

      > Hi Andrew,
      >
      > "My problem is that among the numerous and various parallels
      > to this saying the double reference to inside and outside with
      > single reference to upper and lower is rather unusual."
      >
      > I have a collection of about 13 pages of sayings based on the 'one'
      reference, given to me by a friend. It is a theme as old as civilization
      and writing as near as I can tell. It seems to have existed in both Eastern
      and Western philosophy long before Plato and Pythagoras.

      Hi Tom

      13 pages would be too much of a good thing and I
      suspect many are rather distant parallels.

      However, it might be useful if you could post any
      particularly close and relevant parallels ( eg non-
      Christian Greek parallels with particularly close
      resemblances to GTh 22)

      Andrew Criddle