Division of the Soul

  • Tom Saunders
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8 11:03 PM
      Hi Peter,

      I think there are some serious flaws with your 'division of the soul theory,' starting with the idea that in Eastern philosophy spirit is the conscious mind. In Eastern philosophy spirit or chi (qi, prana, vital energy, ki) is a concentration of energy which is either conscious or subconscious in the Eastern study of chi and jing energy.

      For a detailed study of Eastern philosophy concerning spirit I recommend "The Way of Qi Gong, by Cohen, 1997, Ballantine.

      Tom Saunders
      Platter, OK

      Ed note: I'm approving this note because I approved Peter's original note, but in general discussions about Peter's theory should be conducted offlist with him, unless there is some direct relevance to GTh. (MWG)