Re: [GTh] Kenoma

  • Tom Saunders
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2004
      Hi Dexter,

      Thank you for the input on the word kenoma. Now I don't feel so bad for using the term, although it is not something I have run into in the Gnostic texts, so far. I like this definition better than the one I was working with before which was actually similar.

      3. (Gnost.) antithesis of plhrwma, state of privation and unreality. It
      cites Iren. Haer. I.4.I (M.7.480A); ib 1.4.2 (484A); Clem.exc.Thdot.31
      (p117.11; M.9.676A); Thdt.haer.I.7 (4.298).

      I will be putting some more entries in the glossary soon, and kenoma will be on the list. Thanks.

      Tom Saunders
      Platter, OK