Kenoma

  • Dexter Garnier
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2004
      on 1/24/04 1:17 PM, Tom Saunders wrote:

      > I have looked for sources including Greek dictionaries for the word kenoma,
      > and have not been able to find it. Consequently I have dropped it from the
      > glossary... [snip]

      Hi Tom,

      I'm waa-ay behind and have not really followed this thread so maybe I
      shouldn't intrude here. But reading the above I thought I'd pass this along
      about kenoma (did you try w/omega as in kenwma?). It is in the Greek
      dictionaries I looked in, including, LSJ, BADGD, Lampe's Greek Patristic
      Lexicon, where the main gloss is empty space/emptiness. However, kenwma in
      Lampe for the 3. gloss may interest you most it has:

      3. (Gnost.) antithesis of plhrwma, state of privation and unreality. It
      cites Iren. Haer. I.4.I (M.7.480A); ib 1.4.2 (484A); Clem.exc.Thdot.31
      (p117.11; M.9.676A); Thdt.haer.I.7 (4.298).

      If I missed something in previous messages that make what I write moot or
      nonsense, my apologies in advance.

      Dexter Garnier

      PS Tom, being so far behind I tried to send this to you off list but twice
      received an "undeliverable -- permanent error" message in return.