Re: [GTh] Glossary: changes

  • Albert Lancianese
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 11, 2003
      Thank you Andrew for your explanation.

      Albert

      sarban <sarban@...> wrote:

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Albert Lancianese"
      Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 12:56 AM
      Subject: Re: [GTh] Glossary: changes

      > Someone has said that the Coptic Gospel of Thomas is more 'gnostic' than
      the Greek version. Is this so?

      > [Albert Lancianese]

      There are differences between the Greek texys of Thomas
      and the Coptic text. These have been interpreted as the
      Coptic version being more Gnostic or at least less
      'synoptic-like' than the Greek version. Since we have only
      part of the text of Greek Thomas it is not clear how
      convincing the evidence is.

      Andrew Criddle