Kernal texts

  • Tom Saunders
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2003
      Andrew says:

      "I have a suspicion that the sort of
      "proto-Thomas" that serves as a convincing source for Matthew
      and Luke will end up resembling certain versions of Q.)"

      Can we call this the "Kernel Text" theory? It seems so reasonable that this is the real picture in the building of the Gospel texts. In using this perspective. How do the redactions in the parables relate to the utility of these passages for the underlying message in the different Gospels?

      Did the author of the GThom redact the parables to relate a purpose intrinsic to the Thomas cause, or are these parables intact from the oral and earlier written versions? If the redactions in the synoptics are late, then when did they occur?

      Tom Saunders
      Platter, OK