24 Prophets

  • Maurice Cormier
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2003
      Greetings all ...

      Could someone give me a bit of a hand with Logion # 52. (My memory seems
      to be slipping on this one.)

      Logion # 52 refers to the "24" prophets. Today, we tend to divide the
      Old Testament prophets into the so-called "minor prophets" and the
      "major prophets". They are:

      A) Minor Prophets: Hosea,Joel,Amos,Obadiah,Jonah,Micah,Nahum,Habakkuk,
      Zephaniah,Haggai,Zechariah,and Malachi.

      B) Major Prophets: Isaiah,Jeremiah,Lamentations,Ezekiel,and Daniel

      These total 17 in all. However, as I recall, several other books of the
      Old Testament are also considered to be "Books of the Prophets" in
      Jewish tradition ... the total of which (again as I but vaguely recall
      now) added to the 17 mentioned above (minor and major) gives us a total
      of 24.

      Can anyone identify the 7 other Books which in Jewish tradition
      generally make up "The Prophets" bringing the total up to 24?

      Maurice Cormier