GTh 3/Deut 30:11-14 Parallels

  • Randall Helzerman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6 8:17 AM
      There is an interesting parallel to saying #3 in Deuteronomy:

      11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your
      reach. 12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, "Who will ascend into
      heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" 13 Nor is it beyond the
      sea, so that you have to ask, "Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so
      we may obey it?" 14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your
      heart so you may obey it.

      A couple of questions:

      1. Does deutronomistic theology play a central role in GTh?

      2. More so/less so than in the cannonical sayings of Jesus?

      -Randy