Re: [GTh] Thomas and opponents

  • Mark Goodacre
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2003
      On 15 Sep 2003 at 14:31, sarban wrote:

      > It seems clear that Thomas is also
      > deliberately opposing the validity of
      > Jewish ritual observances. (Thomas 6,
      > 14, (27), (43), 53 and 104).

      I meant to comment on this when it came up before, but have you read
      the interesting article on this by Antti Marjanen, "Thomas and Jewish
      Religious Practices"? It's Chapter 7 in Risto Uro (ed.), _Thomas at
      the Crossroads_ (Edinburgh: T & T Clark, 1998).

      Mark
      Graduate Institute for Theology & Religion
      Dept of Theology
      University of Birmingham
      Elmfield House, Bristol Road tel.+44 121 414 7512
      Birmingham B29 6LQ UK fax: +44 121 415 8376

      http://www.theology.bham.ac.uk/goodacre
      http://NTGateway.com