Perrin

  • Tom Saunders
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2003
      Hi Andrew,

      I find Perrin's argument suspicious on his claims about 'catch phrases' in a Syrian version of the GThom, that was written from Coptic. Coptic is on the other side of the simitic-hamitic language family. If the Coptic versions of the GThom were written originally in Greek it would have been in the Damascus to Galilee version of the Greek dialects, 'Trade Route Greek.'

      Perrin has not defined the language pools of the area and the effect they would have had on one another. If I am not mistaken the Greek versions of the GThom have been dated on archeological estimations. Scripture traditions had to have emanated from the Apostle's Village to Syria. There are no thematic links to Second Century history in the GThom. Perrin's theory of a Syrian Thomas seems to lack any basis for either the historical, archeological, and even language boundaries of his assertions.

      Tom Saunders
      Platter Flats, OK