Re: hermetica and Thomas

  • jmgcormier
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2003
      --- In gthomas@yahoogroups.com, "sarban" <sarban@s...> wrote:
      > Does anyone have any thoughts about relations
      > between the gospel of Thomas and the Hermetic
      > writings ? Logion 28 is similar to a passage in
      > Poimandres but are there any other important
      > links ?
      >
      > Andrew Criddle

      Hello Andrew ....

      I guess you are going to have to define how "important"
      your links have to be .... are you looking for total
      congruity, similarities, or what-have-you ???

      For example in the second verse of the Emerald Tablet
      we find the following Thomas #22 "word run":

      "2) that which is below is like that which is on high,
      and that which is on high is like that which is below;
      by these things are made the miracles of one thing."

      Maurice Cormier

      Post Scriptum: I am curious about the location of your
      Poimandres "passage" and exactly what it says .... MC