Gnostic tradition.

  • Michael Mozina
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2003
      I've seen a lot of debate here and in other discussions about Thomas being
      associated with 'gnostic' traditions. This is often cited as a reason for a
      later dating. I've never quite understood that arguement, since it's seem
      like it would be difficult to decide if the historical Jesus simply agreed
      with SOME gnostic traditions to begin with.

      One thing I'm not very clear about is WHEN gnostic tradition began and WHERE
      it was centered. Did it begin before or after the birth of the historical
      Jesus? Was it geographically accessable to him? I guess what I'm after is
      whether or not Jesus the man could have been exposed to these teachings
      during his lifetime. Is that even possible?

      Michael Mozina
      Mt. Shasta, CA