I agree 100%

  • Michael Mozina
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2003
      Frank McCoy Writes:
      > The old man, I suggest, is the outer man of body/flesh. The new man is
      the
      > inner man of the spirit. In this rebirth, one's real self is transformed
      > from the outer man of body/flesh to the inner man of the spirit: which
      > spirit is made after the Image of God. As a result, in this rebirth,
      one's
      > real self becomes conformed to the Image of God. In this rebirth, as it
      is
      > of the spirit alone, all bodily distinctions vanish, so those thusly
      reborn
      > are not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, male and female,
      etc.
      > (compare GTh 22).

      I agree wholeheartedly Frank. The ego or psyche begins to identify with the
      Holy Spirit of God within themselves rather than the physical form. This
      transformation allows the "individual" (psyche/ego) to shed the belief they
      are defined by form, and recognize their divine nature of "SPIRIT". This
      identification with SPIRIT survives physical death, whereas the physical
      form is destined to be left behind. Your interpretation is completely
      consistant with the statement Jesus makes about the kingdom of heaven being
      within, and the idea of "laying your treasures in heaven", rather than on
      earth. I agree with you 100%.

      Michael Mozina
      Mt. Shasta, CA