BAR

  • Maurice Cormier
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2003
      Just a bit of a "heads up" to members who have been following the
      recent discussions on "text punctuation" (Greek in particular) and
      Michael Monza's post 5738 speculating that perhaps Thomas was written by
      a "follower of Jesus while on the road with him".

      I have just received my subscription copy of Biblical Archeology Review
      for July/August, and there are interesting articles in it discussing
      both these subjects. (viz)

      - Writing Tablets (Notepaper of the Roman World), and

      - Literacy in the Time of Jesus (Could his words have been recorded in
      his lifetime?)

      As a bonus, the issue has a great article on the papyri of Oxyrhynchus
      called "Priceless Garbage".

      I found them all very interesting reads ...

      Cheers !

      Maurice Cormier