Re: [GTh] A Commentary on Some of the Sayings

  • lordsbaine
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 10, 2003
      "Michael Grondin" <mwgrondin@c...> wrote:
      <snip>
      >I'm disappointed, Frank, insofar as this might indicate that my
      >website has failed in its goal to provide material that would make
      >it possible for those not well-versed in Coptic to be able to get
      >around in it.

      I find it very useful.

      As for the cross within GoT:

      It is intersting to note that Gnostic and Egyption beliefs on
      ressurection and how the cross plays a roll in both systems. In the
      gnostic system the ressurection of the Christ occured three days
      after his removal from the cross or stake and then ascending. In the
      Egyption system, as pointed out by Marcus van Alphen, had a neophyte
      placed apon a tau cross, by their own free will, as they were given
      the ends of the ropes to free themselves at any time, and given a
      drink that left them to, supposedly, leave the body for three days
      and three nights. Upon the ending of the third night they were
      placed in an upright position, to have the morning sun awaken them
      into their new world as an initiate. Thus the rising sun over the
      tau.
      Mike Pemberton