Early GTh Fragments

  • Mario's HomePage
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2003
      Hi
      I have been arguing in another discussion List with members of a
      modern essenes sect about the authenticity of their Twelve Holy
      Gospel that supposedly contains sayings founded inside GTh
      (28,77).

      This is the main argument they use to give credibility to Gideon
      Ouseley discovery in 1881. According their records this was held
      before the known fragments of Thomas be discovered.

      All the environment of this Ouseley discovery, as everybody
      might know, suffers from symptoms of a big hoax but this special
      point is a intriguing one.

      Does anybody have information of GTh fragments founded before
      1897 and before 1881 or has anybody some precise information
      about this modern essenes claim?

      Looking for information about at the Internet I couldn't find
      any conclusive hint up to now. Searching also in this GThomas
      List I didn't find references of Ouseley at all.

      Thanks

      Mario Porto
      Rio de Janeiro, Brazil