Re: [GTh] Digest Number 639

  • Wade and April
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2003
      Hello all,

      A book was published by Sheffield Academic Press in January 2001 arguing
      that John was written as a polemic against the kind of mysticism evidenced
      in the Gospel of Thomas. It is called _Voices of the Mystics: Early
      Christian Discourse in the Gospels of John and Thomas and Other Ancient
      Christian Literature (Journal for the Study of the New Testament. Supplement
      Series, 157)_ by April DeConick, professor of religion at Illinois Wesleyan
      University. It is available on Amazon. This just caught my eye because I'm
      married to the author. (DeConick not Pagels!)

      Wade