The Beginning

  • Grondin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2002
      In the beginning was the word, and the word was ... N-M-PHUE
      ('of-the-heavens'). I don't know why it's taken me so long to recognize
      this, since the answer was right there all along in saying 18 - "where the
      beginning is, there the end will be". And if the end will be where the
      beginning is, it stands to reason that the beginning is at the end - the
      end, that is, of the text of GThom - that last "perfect" 6-letter word. That
      is where the solution to the puzzle begins - where the first steps are taken
      that will eventually result in the reader constructing a "paradise" of five
      "trees" whose leaves never fall. Already, the beginnings of a five-fold
      "paradise" are visible in the five-fold division of GThom:

      1. pages 32-37 (6 pages, 4 blocks)
      2. pages 38-44 (7 pages, 5 blocks)
      3. page 45 (1 page, 3 blocks)
      4. pages 46-48 (3 pages, 2 blocks*)
      5. pages 49-51 (3 pages, 10 blocks*)

      (*last line of page 48 moved to top of page 49)

      The seeker has found the cosmos, but now there's going to be trouble. Why
      trouble? Because "I give my mysteries to those worthy of my mysteries", and
      the seeker hasn't yet proven himself worthy to enter the kingdom. He has to
      do some work before he comes to the next stage - that of being amazed. What
      kind of work? The "upper" has to be made like the "lower", and the two
      "outsides" have to be made like the "inside". Then there's more shenanigans
      to which I don't yet have a clue. This kind of "work" has never been
      imagined by those who try to make sense of the existing structure of GThom.
      It involves a construction job of moving lines or parts of lines, always
      aiming toward "perfection" of the whole. The sayings of GThom themselves
      give us all kinds of hints as to what needs to be done, and it's also my
      belief that the Apocryphon of John actually sets out a step-by-step
      procedure, if properly interpreted. But this all requires that the seeker,
      like Thomas, stop being "drunk on the words" (as we all have been these 57
      or so years since the discovery of the text) and instead begin interpreting
      them in an entirely new and different light - as befits the student of a
      hierophant who seeks to understand the hidden "divine" meaning of the
      master's words. "Recognize what is before your face, and what is hidden will
      appear to you."