Re: [GTh] GTh 61 (corrected & clarification)

  • James Lambert
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2002
      Made a slight error which I have corrected below in capital letters.

      James Lambert wrote:

      > Also, there is nothing in #61 which indicates that the two who will lie
      > on the couch are the sons of Salome. Notice, if you will, that #61
      > speaks of an inheritance. Jesus speaks of receiving the things of his
      > father. The one who is destroyed will be filled with light, in other
      > words, will inherit the quality of the father, while the one who is
      > divided will be filled with darkness, will not inherit the quality of
      > the father. The destroyed/UNdivided perceived error works well to
      > highlight the fact that Jesus, as his father's heir, is by necessity
      > undivided and he is also scheduled to soon be destroyed. His opposite,
      > the other who is destined to recline upon the couch, will become
      > divided, and therefore will not inherit the father's light.

      Let me take this opportunity to clarify the above. Where the text has
      DESTROYED the scholars maintain that it should be UNDIVIDED. I maintain
      that the error was intentional, which is to say that the author used
      DESTROYED intentionally, secure in the knowledge that it would become a
      point of contention, which would serve to highlight both readings.
      Essentially to be destroyed is being equated with being whole, while the
      one who will become divided will live.

      --
      James Lambert
      http://web.telecom.cz/Gnostradamus